Girls On The Run Registration is now open at CP Smith!!
Girls on the Run® is dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. At Girls on the Run, we inspire girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind.
Our 10-week, 20-lesson program, will be held right here at CP Smith! Trained volunteer coaches will foster girls’ physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being, culminating in a wonderfully uplifting 5k Run/Walk where everyone is #1!
Why It Matters
A recent national independent longitudinal study led by Dr. Maureen Weiss, an expert in positive youth development, found that the combination of Girls on the Run’s intentional life skills curriculum and highly trained coaches is key to our program’s impact.
- 97% of participants said they learned critical life skills including managing emotions, resolving conflict, helping others or making intentional decisions that they can use at home, at school and with their friends
- Girls who were the least active at the start of the program increased their physical activity by more than 40%
- Girls on the Run made a stronger impact on teaching life skills to participants than did organized sports or physical education
Overall, the study showed that participating in Girls on the Run transformed girls’ lives by helping them increase their self-confidence, develop healthy relationships, and feel good about themselves, inside and out.
What You Need to Know
Our season begins the week of March 20th and we will meet twice per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) at CP Smith for 10 weeks ,culminating with our 5k event at the Essex Fairgrounds on Saturday June 2.
For online registrations, payment plans are offered and we accept debit, credit, and e-check payment options.
Girls on the Run Vermont has limited financial assistance available to those who truly need it. GOTR is committed to being accessible to any girl who wants to participate, and is dedicated to ensuring that the program cost is not a barrier to participation. We will work with families to offer financial assistance that are not eligible through the reduced and free lunch qualification.
GOTRVT also provides a $25 Sibling Discount* for families registering more than one participant on the same form. *The Sibling Discount and Financial Assistance cannot be combined. The discount that provides the greater fee reduction will be applied.
You will need the following to complete the registration:
- Name, address, phone, etc. for participant and parent
- Emergency contact information
- Health concerns (allergies, medications, etc.)
- Medical insurance information
- Payment – the program cost is $100, with lower cost options for those who financially qualify.