Welcome to the 2017-2018 Burlington Kids After School Program, a collaboration between the City of Burlington, Parks, Recreation & Waterfront Department and the Burlington School District! We offer after school programming every school day after students are dismissed at either 1:50pm (Wednesdays) or 2:50pm until 5:30pm, at J.J. Flynn Elementary, C.P. Smith Elementary, Edmunds Elementary, the Sustainability Academy at Lawrence Barnes, and Champlain Elementary, with the exception of two early release days scheduled for October and March. The efforts of many people in this partnership help to create more opportunities for more children to participate in Afterschool.
We also offer programing at Edmunds and Hunt Middle Schools — more information will be added to our new website shortly.
The program offers enrichment and recreation opportunities alongside academic support in a format that meets families’ after school needs. We offer a variety of activities in three sessions, which you and your child sign up for ahead of time.
Enrollment Process Checklist
- If you are trying to enroll after June 9, 2017, deliver or send the completed packet to: Burlington Kids ATTN: Registration 150 Colchester Ave Burlington, VT 05401 NOTE: Priority will be given to families that return completed forms by May 5th. Should available spaces fill, sites will begin a wait list.
- Confirm a payment plan or complete Financial Support paperwork. This is needed before your child can attend. NOTE: Any outstanding balance from another child’s prior attendance must also be paid in order to secure your kindergartner’s spot(s).
- You will receive a letter confirming your enrollment after submitting the completed registration packet, including the signed Billing Form and after our staff have verified that you have successfully completed the BSD online Student Information Update form (including all required documentation).
- Read and sign the Family Handbook that will be provided after you submit the packet.
Afternoon Program: end of school day – 5:30pm: $14.75 per child, per day
* Late pick-up policy: There is a Late Pick-Up Fee of $10 (per family) for each 5 minutes past the 5:30 pm close of programming. Any late charges will appear on your monthly bill.